Follow this set of instructions to install the Omnisphere large sound library files onto your startup hard drive. You need over 64GB of free space available on your startup hard drive in order to continue.
NOTE: These screen shots are taken in macOS 10.10 (Yosemite). Installation on other versions of macOS may look somewhat different.
INSTALLING DISC A
1. After inserting Omnisphere Disc A into the computer, open the disc “Spectrasonics Omnisphere” to reveal its contents from the Desktop.
3. You’ll be directed to the Spectrasonics website where you’ll log into your user account. If you don’t yet have a user account, you can create one by selecting the “Create New Account” button. If prompted, enter your Omnisphere serial number (found on the inside of your printed User Guide.)
4. You’ll select the link to download the Omnisphere 2 Disc Installer.
5. Once the zip file downloads and extracts itself you should have a folder called “Omnisphere_2_Installation”. Open the folder and first read the file called “Important!” as it contains vital information about the install process and requirements. Next, open the folder called “Step 1 – Installer”.
6. Then open the folder called “Mac”.
7. Double-click the file “Omnisphere 2 Installer.pkg”. The installer might need to quit and reopen to ensure support for older versions of OS-X, so just click “OK”.
8. Follow the steps as you’re guided through the installation process. Make sure to review the Installation Info and Licensing FAQ. Then at the “Destination Select” step, choose the option “Install for all Users of this computer.” After the Installation Type information you’ll enter your system password to start the install process.
9. The plugin files will then be installed on your Mac’s system drive.
10. Then at the Preparation step, you’ll select where to install the large core library files. By default they will be installed to your system drive or choose a secondary drive by selecting the button “Choose Location.”
11. The large data files will now be copied from the DVDs to your selected drive. Allow for 30-45 minutes per disc (approximately 4-6 hours for all eight DVDs.)
12. After the installation of Disc H is complete, close out the installer and return to your “Omnisphere_2_Installation” folder and open the “Step 2 – Data Updater” folder.
13. Open the Mac folder and run the “Omnisphere 2 Data Updater.pkg”. Again, the installer might need to quit and reopen to ensure support for older versions of macOS, select “OK”.
14. Follow the steps as you’re guided through the installation process. At the “Destination Select” step, choose the option “Install for all Users of this computer.” After the Installation Type information you’ll enter your system password to begin the data install process.
15. At the Preparation step, you’ll see where the secondary data files will be installed on your system.
16. The supplemental data files will be added to your STEAM library folder.
17. When the data from the Step 2 installer has been completed, it’s time to open up Omnisphere 2 in your host to authorize it.
Please consult the Authorization section for assistance with authorizing Omnisphere.