To control Omnisphere using the Alesis Andromeda, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Andromeda to your MIDI interface.
- Set the Andromeda to output MIDI.
- Make certain your MIDI interface is configured as the input in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Alesis Andromeda Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- To activate the A6’s NRPNs, select the “GLOBAL” button.
- Select the “5” button below the “5” knob.
- Turn the “5” knob until the display above it until TXMODE is set to “LOCMID” (Local MIDI).
RIBBON CONTROLLER SETUP (optional)
The Andromeda A6 has a touch-sensitive ribbon that serves as a modulation source whose value is determined by finger position. You can set up Omnisphere to use the ribbon as a source in the Mod Matrix.
Go to Omnisphere’s System Page and in the Modulation assignments section, click on the User CC menu and select “Move MIDI Controller.”
Slide your finger over the ribbon on the Andromeda A6 to capture the position controller number. The User CC menu should display MIDI CC 20.
The User CC modulation source in Omnisphere will now be controlled by the Andromeda A6 ribbon.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the MIDI interface to which you’ve connected the Alesis Andromeda is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select Alesis>Alesis Andromeda A6” to activate that hardware profile.
The following Andromeda controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Arp Clock SYNC, MOD
- Sequencer SYNC, MOD, START/STOP
- MASTER Section
- Portamento MOD
- EXTERNAL INPUTS Section
- All Envelope DELAY, MOD and DYNAMICS controls
- VOICE OUTPUT
- OUTPUT AUX, MAIN
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Andromeda A6?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Andromeda A6 matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Andromeda A6 to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time