To control Omnisphere using the Nord Stage 3, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Nord Stage 3 to your computer via USB.
- Set up the front panel controls to send MIDI.
- Enable the Nord Stage 3 as a MIDI input device in the host software (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Nord Stage 3 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6 or higher.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
If you’re using a Windows system, download and install the current Clavia MIDI Driver from the Nord webpage here.
- Enter MIDI Settings by holding down the SHIFT button and selecting the 3/MIDI button in the PROGRAM/SONG PARTS section.
- Using the PAGE < > buttons, toggle to “Control Change Mode.”
- Using the PROGRAM knob, set CC Mode to “Send & Receive.”
- Exit MIDI Settings by pressing SHIFT.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Nord Stage 3 is enabled as the MIDI input.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Nord>Nord Stage 3” to activate that hardware profile.
The following Nord Stage 3 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Master Level
- Rotary Speakers Section
- Organ Section
- Piano Section
- EXTERN section
- OSC types: Wavetables, Formant, Superwaves, Samples
- SHIFT Functions: ARP RUN/KB SYNC, PSTICK, SUSTPED, Arp MST CLK, FAST ATK
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your host receiving MIDI from the Nord Stage 3?
- Have you attempted to use the Nord Stage 3’s MIDI connection instead of the USB port?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Nord Stage 3 matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere Part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Nord Stage 3 to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time