To control Omnisphere using the REV2, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the REV2 to your computer
- Verify that your REV2 is transmitting MIDI through USB
- Set up the front panel controls to NRPN mode
- Enable the REV2 as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the REV2 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
To make sure the controls in your REV2 transmit MIDI through USB, press the GLOBAL button and use the PARAMETER knob to navigate to 11. MIDI Out Select. Then, use the VALUE knob to select USB to output MIDI only over USB or MIDI+USB to output MIDI over USB and the MIDI out port.
ENABLE NRPN MODE
Set the controls on your REV2 to send MIDI as NRPNs by pressing the GLOBAL button and using the PARAMETER knob to navigate to 6. MIDI Param Send. Then, use the VALUE knob to select NRPN. Once you are done, press the GLOBAL button to exit.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the REV2 is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Dave Smith REV2” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE REV2
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the REV2, follow these steps:
- On the REV2, select GLOBAL, navigate to 9. MIDI Program Enable and set it to ON
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select MIDI Program Change Learn from the menu
- On the REV2, turn the Program knob to send a Program Change message.
- A MIDI icon will appear in next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
The following REV2 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Tap Tempo
- Sequencer Type
- Sequencer Record
- Sequencer Play
- Sequencer Mode (rest)
- Sequencer Destination (tie)
- Sequencer Track knob
- Misc Params
- Split A|B
- Stack A+B
- Edit Layer B
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Make sure the Edit Layer B button is not selected
- Is the MIDI Out port set up properly?
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the REV2?
As a last resort, you can reset all Global parameters to the factory defaults by holding down Global and Write. After doing this, please follow the setup instructions again.
USING ABLETON LIVE
If you use Ableton Live and find that Omnisphere does not respond to the REV 2 after the profile is loaded, simply adjust these two controls (in no particular order):
- ARP ON/OFF
- GLIDE ON/OFF
After adjusting the controls, it’s OK to return them to their original condition (e.g. OFF, then ON again).
This will reset Ableton Live’s NRPN logic and allow Omnisphere’s NRPN to respond.Once NRPN is working, it will work indefinitely until Omnisphere is started again.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time