To control Omnisphere using the Korg Radias, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Radias to your MIDI interface.
- Set up the front panel controls to send MIDI.
- Activate the Korg Radias Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6 or higher.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- Select the Radias’s GLOBAL button.
- Press the PAGE + button until the display reads “P06 MIDI FILTER.”
- Using the CURSOR buttons, make sure that all MIDI FILTER parameters are enabled, set to “o.”
- Select TIMBRE 1.
ARPEGGIATOR MIDI SETUP
- Press the Radias’s GLOBAL button.
- On the GLOBAL page, cursor down to POSITION and set it to “PostKBD.”
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the MIDI interface you’ve connected the Radias to is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Korg>Korg Radias” to activate that hardware profile.
The following Radias controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Audio IN controls
- MOD SEQUENCER controls
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is the front panel of the Radias properly set up to send and receive CCs? (see MIDI OUTPUT SETUP above.)
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Radias?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Radias matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Radias to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time