To control Omnisphere using the Little Phatty, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a MIDI interface or USB cable, connect the Little Phatty to your computer
- Enable the Little Phatty as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the Little Phatty Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Little Phatty is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Moog Little Phatty” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE Little Phatty
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the Little Phatty, follow these steps:
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu
- On the Little Phatty, select the patch you wish to use
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
The following Little Phatty controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Output On/Off
- Fine Tune
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Little Phatty?
As a last resort, you can restore the global default values, performance sets and all factory presets by following these instructions (NOTE: This will erase all of your user created presets on the Little Phatty. Make sure to back up any presets you wish to save prior to performing this action):
- Press the Master button
- Use the knob and scroll to SYSTEM UTILITIES and press Cursor
- Scroll to RESTORE FACTORY and press Enter
- Scroll to YES and press Enter to restore the factory settings
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time