To control Omnisphere using the Voyager, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a MIDI interface, connect the Voyager to your computer
- Enable the Voyager as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the Voyager Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
- Set up the Touch Surface to control Omnisphere’s Orb (optional)
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the MIDI interface the Voyager is connected to (in the case of the images below, the E-MU Xmidi 1×1 Tab) is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Moog>Moog Voyager” to activate that hardware profile.
TOUCH SURFACE SETUP (optional)
The Touch Surface on the Voyager is an exceptional performance controller. When using the Voyager hardware profile in Omnisphere, you can use the touchpad to activate and control the Orb for instant sonic manipulations. Setting it up takes just a few simple steps and it can be especially effective for exciting performance techniques.
Press the EDIT button and using the down arrow navigate to T.S. Destinations.
Press ENTER twice to set up the MIDI CC for the X axis. Press the CURSOR button and using the down arrow set the controller to MIDI CTRL No. 89.
Press the EDIT button again, ENTER, and with the down arrow navigate to Touch Surface Y. Press ENTER and then CURSOR. Using the down arrow set the controller to MIDI CTRL No. 90.
Press the EDIT button again, ENTER, and with the down arrow navigate to Touch Surface Gate. Press ENTER and then the CURSOR button. Using the down arrow set it to MIDI CTRL No. 91.
Save the preset to store these settings and load it every time you want to control Omnisphere from your Voyager.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE VOYAGER
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the Voyager, follow these steps:
- On the Voyager, press the MASTER button and use the up/down arrows to scroll to MIDI Prog. Change and press ENTER
- Press the CURSOR button to edit Transmit MIDI Prog. Change and use the up/down arrows to select ON
- Press the PANEL button and then scroll to the preset number you’d like to assign Omnisphere’s patch to.
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select MIDI Program Change Learn menu choice
- On the Voyager, press the ENTER button to send out the Program Change
- A MIDI icon will appear in next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
NOTE: On the Voyager, when you scroll back to the preset that was assigned to Omnisphere – you’ll need to press ENTER for Omnisphere to respond to the program change.
The following Voyager controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Fine Tune
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is the Voyager sending out of MIDI channel 1?
- Make sure your interface is receiving MIDI from the Voyager
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the MIDI interface?
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time