To control Omnisphere using the Novation Summit, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the Novation Summit to your computer.
- If you’re using a Windows-based system, download the Novation USB Driver.
- Set up the front panel controls to transmit MIDI.
- Set up the Arpeggiator so it doesn’t output notes via MIDI.
- Enable the Summit as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Novation Summit Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
Press the Settings button on the Summit until you see the MIDI ENABLE page (5/8). Then set CC/NRPN to Rec+Tran.
To make sure the Arpeggiator on the Summit doesn’t send notes via MIDI, press the left Page/Select button and in the MIDI CONTROL page (4/8) turn Arp>MIDI to Off.
WINDOWS USB DRIVER
Download and install the latest USB Driver for Summit (version 2.11 or higher) from the Novation site here Summit.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure Novation USB is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Novation > Novation Summit” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE NOVATION SUMMIT
If you want to load Omnisphere Patches from the Novation Summit, follow these steps:
- Select SETTINGS and use the Page Select button to navigate to the 5th page.
- Use the 2nd button to the left of the screen and the knob on the right of the screen to ensure that BANK/PATCH is set to REC+TRAN.
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the Patch you want to load.
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu.
- On the Novation Summit, select the patch you wish to use.
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the Patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful.
The following Summit controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Master Volume
- Patch Init
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1.
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Novation Summit?
USING ABLETON LIVE
If you use Ableton Live and find that Omnisphere does not respond to the Novation Summit after the profile is loaded, simply power off the Summit and power it back on again. This will cause Ableton Live to reset its NRPN logic and Omnisphere NRPN will start working. Once NRPN is working, it will work indefinitely until Omnisphere is restarted.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time