To control Omnisphere using the the Roland JP-8000, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the JP-8000 to your MIDI interface.
- Set up the JP-8000’s front panel controls to transmit MIDI.
- Activate the Roland JP-8000 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6 or higher.
NOTE: If you are trying to use this Hardware Profile on Windows, please read this first.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- Press and the SHIFT/EXIT button and select the 5/MIDI SW button.
- Continue holding the SHIFT/EXIT button and keep pressing the MIDI SW until the display reads “Rx/Tx Edit SW.”
- Use the BANK/VALUE UP/DOWN buttons to set RX/TX (Receive/Transmit) to “ON.”
- Press and the SHIFT/EXIT button and select the 4/MIDI PRM button.
- Continue holding the SHIFT/EXIT button and keep pressing the MIDI PRM button until the display reads “Tx/Rx Edit Mode.”
- Use the BANK/VALUE UP/DOWN buttons to set it to “MODE1.”
- In the KEY & PANEL controls, set the KEY MODE to “SINGLE.”
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the MIDI interface the JP-8000 is connected to is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Roland>Roland JP-8000” to activate that Hardware Profile.
Some of the controls in the JP-8000 send System Exclusive (SysEx) messages. For Omnisphere to support this type of messages, the hardware synth must be connected to the computer before you select the corresponding Hardware Profile from the profile menu. If it’s not connected, you may see the following message:
If you connect the synth later, select “None” from the HW menu, then select the profile again.
The following JP-8000 control has no effect on Omnisphere:
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Are you using a Windows machine? If so, please refer to this article about using SysEx on Windows.
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the JP-8000?
- Make sure JP-8000 front panel is set to transmit MIDI.
- Is the KEY MODE set to SINGLE?
- If you are using the Omnisphere Standalone , make sure the MIDI output channel of the JP-8000 matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere Part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the JP-8000 to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
- Are you using a USB hub? Try connecting your JP-8000 or MIDI Interface directly to your computer.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time