When switching to Kit Mode, Stylus RMX searches for a Default file to load. RMX looks inside the SAGE/Stylus RMX/Patches/defaults directory for a file called “default.kit_rmx”. This is the file RMX loads as its default settings for Kit mode. Spectrasonics has provided a Default Kit setup for Stylus RMX, but you can create your own and replace the factory Default settings with a custom template.
Here’s how to create your own custom default Kit settings template:
- Before opening the RMX plug-in, go to the SAGE/Stylus RMX/Patches/defaults directory and make a safety copy of the “default.kit_rmx” file and archive it in another folder. This will allow you to return to the factory Default Part settings in the future by replacing any new Default Kits you have created.
- Open an instance of Stylus RMX in your host.
- Switch from Multi Mode to Kit Mode on the MIXER page.
- Make any settings changes that you’d like to see load when entering Kit Mode.
- Save the Kit and call it “default.kit_rmx” inside the SAGE/Stylus RMX/Patches/defaults directory. You will be asked if you want to overwrite the existing Default.
Now when you switch to Kit Mode, it will open with these settings each time. Whenever you perform a Kit Clear, Stylus RMX will return to your new settings.