After installation, you might want to move the large SAGE folder directory (containing all the sound files) to a secondary drive in order to free up space on your internal drive.
macOS 10.12 (or later)
Select the Go menu at the top of your screen while using the Finder and chose “Library” from the menu.
The macOS default location is here: Macintosh HD/ Users/ Username/ Library/ Application Support/ Spectrasonics/
Windows 7 (or later)
The *ProgramData *folder is a hidden folder by default on Windows, so you’ll need to “Show Hidden Files and Folders” in your Control Panel / Folder Options.
The Windows default location is here: C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\
- Copy your SAGE folder from its current location to the hard drive location of your choice (this can be another drive partition, a secondary internal drive or an external hard drive such as an SSD, Thunderbolt, or USB hard drive, etc.).
- Once the copy is complete, confirm that both SAGE folders (original and copy) are the same size, then delete the original SAGE folder from the default location.
- Open Stylus RMX and you will be prompted to locate the SAGE folder.
- Browse and select the new SAGE folder (you might see some error messages, but close these messages and continue to the final step). The link to the new location has now been created.
- Close and re-open Stylus RMX for the changes to take effect.