Follow this set of instructions to install Stylus RMX Xpanded from your USB installation drive onto your Mac system. You’ll need over 16GB of free space available on your hard drive in order to install the instrument.
NOTE: These screenshots are taken in macOS 11 (Big Sur). Installation on other versions of macOS may look somewhat different.
Stylus RMX Xpanded Installation
1. Connect the Stylus RMX Xpanded installation drive into a USB port. Open the “Spectrasonics Stylus RMX” drive and double-click “Stylus RMX Xpanded Installation.”
2. Log in to your Spectrasonics User Account and click the DOWNLOAD button to get the current installers.
3. From your Downloads folder, open the “Stylus_RMX_Xpanded_Installation” folder.
4. Open the “Mac” folder and double-click “Stylus RMX Xpanded Installer.pkg” to begin the installation.
5. Follow the steps as you’re guided through the installation process. Make sure to review the Installation Info and Licensing FAQs. Depending on your system, you might be asked to click on the blue banner: “Install for all Users of this computer.” After the Installation Type information you’ll enter your system password to start the installation process.
6. The plug-in files will then be installed on your Mac’s system drive.
7. Then at the Preparation step, you’ll select where to install the large core library files. By default they will be installed to your system drive or you may choose a secondary drive by selecting “Choose Location.”
8. The large data files will now be copied to your selected drive. It can take up to 30 minutes to install the data.
9. After the installation is complete, select “Close.” Now it’s time to open Stylus RMX Xpanded in your host and authorize it.
10. Next, from the Stylus RMX Xpanded Installation folder open the “Step 2 – Data Updater” folder.
11. Open the “Mac” folder and then run the “Stylus RMX Data Updater” installer.
12. Follow the instructions. The installer will automatically update your Stylus RMX “SAGE” data folder and start the install.
13. When the data updater is complete, select “Close.”
Please consult the Authorization section for assistance with authorizing Stylus RMX.