After installation, you can easily move the large STEAM directory containing all the sound files to a secondary drive if you wish to free up space on your original installation drive.
macOS 10.12 (or later)
In the Finder, select the Go menu at the top of your screen and choose “Library” from the menu.
The macOS default location is here: Macintosh HD/ Users/ Username/ Library/ Application Support/ Spectrasonics/
Windows 7 (or later)
The *ProgramData *folder is a hidden folder by default on Windows, so you’ll need to “Show Hidden Files and Folders” in your Control Panel / Folder Options.
The Windows default location is here: C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\
- Copy your STEAM folder from its current location to the hard drive location of your choice. (This can be another drive partition, a secondary internal drive, or an external hard drive such as an SSD, Thunderbolt, or USB hard drive, etc.).
- Once the copy is complete, confirm that both STEAM folders (original and copy) are the same size, then delete the original STEAM folder from the default location.
- Open Keyscape and you will be prompted to locate the STEAM folder.
- Browse and select the new STEAM folder (you might see some error messages, but close these messages and continue to the final step). The link to the new location has now been created.
- Close and re-open Keyscape for the changes to take effect.