To control Omnisphere using the Access Virus C, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Virus C to your MIDI interface.
- Set up the Virus C to send System Exclusive messages.
- Make certain your MIDI interface is configured as the input in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Access Virus C Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6.
NOTE: If you are trying to use this Hardware Profile on Windows, please read this first.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- Select the SYSTEM/MULTI EDIT button on the Virus C’s panel.
- Using the PARAMETER/BANK buttons, navigate to “MIDI CONTROL LoPage.”
- Using the VALUE buttons, set the “LoPage” to Contr (Control).
- Select the PARAMETER/BANK > button to advance to “MIDI CONTROL HiPage.”
- Using the VALUE buttons, set the HiPage to “SysEx.”
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the MIDI interface to which you’ve connected the Access Virus C is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Access>Access Virus C” to activate that hardware profile.
Some of the controls in the Access Virus C send System Exclusive (SysEx) messages. For Omnisphere to support this type of messages, the hardware synth must be connected to the computer before you select the corresponding Hardware Profile from the profile menu. If it’s not connected, you may see the following message:
If you connect the synth later, select “None” from the HW menu, then select the profile again.
The following Virus C controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Master Volume
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Are you using a Windows machine? If so, please refer to this article about using SysEx on Windows.
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Virus?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Virus matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere Part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Virus to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired part in Omnisphere.
- Are you using a USB hub? Try connecting your Virus C or your MIDI Interface directly to your computer.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time