To control Omnisphere using the Korg Minilogue XD, you’ll need to do the following:
- Download and install the Minilogue XD USB driver.
- Connect the Minilogue XD to your computer via USB.
- Verify that your Minilogue XD is using the latest firmware.
- Activate the Minilogue XD Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher.
If the Minilogue XD is not listed as a MIDI input in your DAW, download and install the driver that is compatible with your computer’s operating system from the Korg Support page. Restart the host again and you should see it listed.
NOTE: Korg’s USB-MIDI Driver is not compatible with macOS Catalina or later. If you are using an incompatible macOS, connect the Korg using the MIDI DIN connector and skip the driver altogether to connect to Omnisphere. Refer to Korg’s statement regarding Catalina/Big Sur compatibility on their website here .
Check the system version of your Minilogue XD by turning on the power while holding the  button. If it’s not showing System 1.2.0 or higher, download and install the latest version from the Korg Support page.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- Press the EDIT MODE button until GLOBAL EDIT is selected on the screen.
- Press the *Button 5 *(Global 5) button under Program Sort/Edit Page until “MIDI Route” is displayed.
- Set it to “USB+MIDI.”
- Press the *Button 6 *(Global 6) under Program Sort/Edit Page until “MIDI Tx CC” is displayed.
- Set it to “ON.”
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Korg>Korg Minilogue XD” to activate that hardware profile.
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Minilogue XD?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Minilogue XD matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Minilogue XD to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time