To control Omnisphere using the Slim Phatty, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a MIDI interface or USB cable, connect the Slim Phatty to your computer
- Enable the Slim Phatty as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the Slim Phatty Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Slim Phatty is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Moog Slim Phatty” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE Slim Phatty
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the Slim Phatty, follow these steps:
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu
- On the Slim Phatty, select the patch you wish to use
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
The following Slim Phatty controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Output On/Off
- Fine Tune
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Slim Phatty?
As a last resort, you can restore the global default values, performance sets and all factory presets by following these instructions (NOTE: This will erase all of your user created presets on the Slim Phatty. Make sure to back up any presets you wish to save prior to performing this action):
- Press the Master button
- Use the knob and scroll to SYSTEM UTILITIES and press Cursor
- Scroll to RESTORE FACTORY and press Enter
- Scroll to YES and press Enter to restore the factory settings
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time