To control Omnisphere using the Slim Phatty, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a MIDI interface or USB cable, connect the Slim Phatty to your computer
- Enable the Slim Phatty as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the Slim Phatty Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Slim Phatty is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Moog>Moog Slim Phatty” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE Slim Phatty
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the Slim Phatty, follow these steps:
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu
- On the Slim Phatty, select the patch you wish to use
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
The following Slim Phatty controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Output On/Off
- Fine Tune
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Slim Phatty?
As a last resort, you can restore the global default values, performance sets and all factory presets by following these instructions (NOTE: This will erase all of your user created presets on the Slim Phatty. Make sure to back up any presets you wish to save prior to performing this action):
- Press the Master button
- Use the knob and scroll to SYSTEM UTILITIES and press Cursor
- Scroll to RESTORE FACTORY and press Enter
- Scroll to YES and press Enter to restore the factory settings
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time