To control Omnisphere using the JX-03, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the JX-03 to your computer.
- Verify that your JX-03 system firmware is up to date with v1.11 or higher.
- Verify that your JX-03 is transmitting MIDI control through USB.
- Download and install the appropriate JX-03 USB driver on your computer.
- Enable “Boutique” as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the JX-03 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher.
Check the firmware (system program version) of your JX-03 by holding down  button and switching the power ON.
Check the illumination of the indicators to determine the current version. If the ,  and  buttons are lit, the JX-03 system is up-to-date.
If those indicators are not lighted as shown above, access the Roland website, download and install the latest JX-03 System Program version.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
To make sure the controls in your JX-03 transmit MIDI through USB, hold down CHORUS and press the  button.
Then, still holding down the CHORUS button, press the  button to select USB+MIDI for CC output.
Check to see if the necessary Boutique USB driver has already been installed by opening up the Omnisphere Standalone (or your preferred DAW) and verify the Roland JX-03 is on your list of MIDI inputs.
If the JX-03 is not listed as a MIDI input, download and install the driver that is compatible with your computer’s operating system from the Roland Support page. Restart the host and you should see it listed.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the JX-03 is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Roland>Roland JX-03” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE JX-03
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the JX-03, follow these steps:
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the Patch you want to load.
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu.
- On the JX-03, select the patch you wish to use.
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the Patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful.
The following JX-03 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1.
- Is the Control Change Output Mode set up correctly?
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the JX-03?
As a last resort, you can restore the Factory Settings by following the steps below. Note that this will delete all your user patches.
- While holding down the PATCH  button, turn the power ON. The [MANUAL] button blinks.
- If you decide to cancel the factory reset, turn the power OFF.
- Press the MANUAL button to execute the factory reset.
- When all buttons blink, turn the JX-03’s power OFF, then ON again.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time