To control Omnisphere using the Prophet ’08, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Prophet ’08 to your MIDI interface.
- Set up the front panel controls to send NRPNs.
- Make certain your MIDI interface is configured as the input in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Prophet ’08 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- Press the GLOBAL button so the red LED is ON.
- Then press +Yes button to reach the MParam Send page.
- Using the Param 1 knob, set MParam Send to “NRPN.”
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Prophet ’08 is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “DSI – Sequential>Sequential Prophet ’08” to activate that hardware profile.
The following Prophet ’08 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Master Volume
- Gated Sequencer
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is the front panel of the Prophet ’08 set up to transmit MIDI?
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Prophet ’08?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Prophet ’08 matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Prophet ’08 to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time