To control Omnisphere using the Yamaha Reface CS, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Reface CS to your computer via USB.
- If you’re using a Windows-based system, download the Yamaha USB Driver.
- Enable MIDI control on the Reface CS.
- Enable the Reface CS as a MIDI input device in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Yamaha Reface CS Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6 or higher.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
Power OFF the Reface CS and while holding down E2 on the keyboard, power the unit back ON. This will enable MIDI Control on the Reface CS.
WINDOWS USB DRIVER
Download and install the latest USB-MIDI Driver for Windows (version 3.14 or higher) from the Yamaha Downloads page here.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Reface CS is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Yamaha>Yamaha Reface CS” to activate that hardware profile.
The following Reface CS control has no effect on Omnisphere:
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Reface CS?
- If you are using the Omnisphere Standalone, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Reface CS matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere Part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Reface CS to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time