To control Omnisphere using the Nord Lead 3, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Nord Lead 3 to your MIDI interface.
- Set up the front panel controls to send MIDI.
- Make certain your MIDI interface is configured as the input in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Clavia Nord Lead 3 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6 or higher.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- Select the MIDI button on the Nord Lead 3’s panel.
- Press the DOWN NAVIGATOR button (“Sort Mode”) until the Program Change & MIDI Controllers page appears.
- Make certain that both “PrgChg” and “MIDICtrl” are both set to “Snd&Rcv” (Send and Receive).
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the MIDI interface you’ve connected the Nord Lead 3 to is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Nord>Nord Lead 3” to activate that hardware profile.
The following Nord Lead 3 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Master Level
- Morph Assign Controls
- SHIFT Functions: LFO1 and LFO2 Mono
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Nord Lead 3?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Nord Lead 3 matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere Part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Nord Lead 3 to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time