To control Omnisphere using the Nord Lead A1, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Nord Lead A1 to your computer via USB.
- Set up the front panel controls to send CCs.
- Enable the Nord Lead A1 as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Nord Lead A1 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6 or higher.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
If you’re using a Windows system, download and install the current Clavia MIDI Driver from the Nord webpage here.
- Enter MIDI Mode by holding the SHIFT button.
- Select the MIDI button in the PROGRAM.
- Scroll the Program Dial until the display reads “2.”
- Holding down SHIFT, turn the Program Dial until the display reads “2.Sr” (for Send Receive).
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Nord Lead A1 is enabled as the MIDI input.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Nord>Nord Lead A1” to activate that hardware profile.
The following Nord A1 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Master Level
- Morph controls
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your host receiving MIDI from the Nord Lead A1?
- Have you attempted to use the Nord Lead A1’s MIDI connection instead of the USB port?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Nord Lead A1 matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere Part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Nord Lead A1 to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time