To control Omnisphere using the Mininova, you’ll need to do the following:
- Download and install the latest Novation driver for the Mininova.
- Connect the Mininova’s USB port to your computer via USB.
- Activate the Novation Mininova Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6 or higher.
Download the current software for the MiniNova from Novation’s downloads page here.
NOTE – When installing the MiniNova driver software it will check the MiniNova’s firmware (if it’s connected via USB) and if the MiniNova’s firmware is out-of-date, will provide the option to update it.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Mininova is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Novation>Novation Mininova” to activate that hardware profile.
Omnisphere will not respond to the following MiniNova controls:
- Main Volume
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the MiniNova?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the MiniNova matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere Part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the MiniNova to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time