To control Omnisphere using the Subsequent 37, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the Subsequent 37 to your computer.
- Verify that your Subsequent 37 is transmitting MIDI through USB.
- Set up the front panel controls to NRPN mode.
- Enable the Subsequent 37 as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Subsequent 37 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
To make sure the controls in your Subsequent 37 transmit MIDI through USB, press the MIDI button to open the MIDI MENU on the display and use the up/down arrow buttons to navigate to OUT PORTS. Using the FINE TUNE knob, scroll through the options and set it to either USB to output MIDI only over USB or BOTH to output MIDI over USB and the MIDI out port.
ENABLE NRPN MODE
Set the controls on your Subsequent 37 to send MIDI as NRPNs by pressing the MIDI button to open the MIDI MENU on the display. Use the up/down arrow buttons to navigate to OUT FILTERS and press the CURSOR button.
Use the up/down arrow buttons to navigate to KNB NRPN/CC and use the FINE TUNE knob to set it to NRPN.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Subsequent 37 is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Moog>Moog Subsequent 37” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE SUBSEQUENT 37
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the Subsequent 37, follow these steps:
- On the Subsequent 37, click the MIDI button.
- Navigate to the SEND PGM CHG option using the down arrow.
- Select OFF with the cursor and turn the option from OFF to ON using the FINE TUNE knob.
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the Patch you want to load.
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu.
- On the Subsequent 37, select the patch you wish to use.
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the Patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful.
The following Subsequent37 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Preset (Edit)
- Panel (Init)
- Fine Tune
- Controller (MOD1)
- Controller (MOD2)
- All LCD Screen Sub-Menus
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1.
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Subsequent 37?
As a last resort, you can restore the default MIDI and global settings by following these instructions:
- On the Subsequent 37, select the GLOBAL button.
- Use the down arrow to navigate to INIT SETTINGS.
- Select INIT SETTINGS with the CURSOR button.
- Hold the SAVE button for 5 seconds to restore the default MIDI & Global settings.
- After doing this, please follow the setup instructions again.
USING ABLETON LIVE
If you use Ableton Live and find that Omnisphere does not respond to the Subsequent 37 after the profile is loaded, simply adjust these two controls (in no particular order):
- Filter CUTOFF
- Amp Envelope RELEASE
After adjusting the controls, it’s OK to return them to their original condition (e.g. OFF, then ON again).
This will reset Ableton Live’s NRPN logic and allow Omnisphere’s NRPN to respond. Once NRPN is working, it will work indefinitely until Omnisphere is restarted.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time