To control Omnisphere using the JP-08, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the JP-08 to your computer
- Verify that your JP-08 system firmware is up to date with v1.20 or higher
- Verify that your JP-08 is transmitting MIDI control through USB
- Download and install the appropriate JP-08 USB driver on your computer
- Enable “Boutique” as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the JP-08 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Check the firmware (system program version) of your JP-08 by holding down PATCH NUMBER  button and switching the power ON.
Check the illumination of the indicators to determine the current version. If the PATCH NUMBER  button and the PATCH PRESET  button are lit, the JP-08 system is up to date!
If those indicators are not lighted as shown above, access the Roland website, download and install the latest JP-08 System Program version.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
To make sure the controls in your JP-08 transmit MIDI through USB, hold down DUAL and press the PATCH NUMBER  button.
Then press the PATCH NUMBER  button to select USB+MIDI for CC output.
Check to see if the necessary Boutique USB driver has already been installed by opening up Omnisphere standalone (or your preferred DAW) and verify the Roland JP-08 is on your list of MIDI inputs.
If the JP-08 is not listed as a MIDI input, download and install the driver that is compatible with your computer’s operating system from the Roland Support page. Restart the host again and you should see it listed.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the JP-08 is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Roland JP-08” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE JP-08
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the JP-08, follow these steps:
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu
- On the JP-08, select the patch you wish to use
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
The following JP-08 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Is the Control Change Output Mode set up correctly?
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the JP-08?
As a last resort, you can reset all Global parameters to the factory defaults by holding down Global and Write. After doing this, please go to the top of the page and follow the instructions again. Note that this will delete all your user patches.
- While holding down the PATCH  button, turn on the power. The [MANUAL] button blinks.
- If you decide to cancel the factory reset, turn off the power.
- Press the [MANUAL] button to execute the factory reset.
- When all buttons blink, turn the JP-08’s power off, then on again.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time