To control Omnisphere using the Nord Wave, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Nord Wave to your MIDI interface.
- Set up the Nord Wave’S front panel controls to send MIDI.
- Enable the Nord Wave as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Nord Wave Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6 or higher.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- Enter MIDI Mode by holding down the SHIFT button and pressing the SLOT B/MIDI button.
- Use the PROGRAM up/down buttons to access the “MIDI Cntrl Change” page.
- Set it to “Snd&Rcv” (Send and Receive).
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the MIDI interface is enabled as the MIDI input.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Nord>Nord Wave” to activate that hardware profile.
The following Nord Wave controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Master Level
- Morph Prog controls
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your host receiving MIDI from the Nord Wave?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the Nord Wave matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere Part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the Nord Wave to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time