To control Omnisphere using the the Deepmind 6 or Deepmind 12, you’ll need to do the following:
- Connect the Deepmind to your computer via USB.
- Set up the front panel controls to send NRPNs.
- Enable the Deepmind as a MIDI input device in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.).
- Activate the Deepmind Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.6.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
- To send MIDI as NRPNs, press the DeepMind’s GLOBAL button up to the “CONNECTIVITY” page.
- Press the BANK/DOWN button until the cursor is next to “USB SETTING.”
- Press the +/YES button to access the USB settings.
- From the “USB SETTINGS” page, set “USB-CTRL” to “Nrpn.”
- Select the PROG button to exit the GLOBAL settings page.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the MIDI interface to which you’ve connected the DeepMind is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header, select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select Behringer>Behringer DeepMind” to activate that hardware profile.
The following DeepMind controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- MOD switch under DATA ENTRY
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the DeepMind?
- If you are using the Omnisphere standalone host, make sure the MIDI output channel of the DeepMind matches the MIDI channel of the Omnisphere part you want to control.
- Make sure your DAW is configured to correctly route the MIDI output of the DeepMind to the MIDI channel assigned to the desired Part in Omnisphere.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time