To control Omnisphere using the Korg Prologue, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the Prologue to your computer
- Verify that your Prologue is transmitting MIDI through USB
- Verify that your Prologue is using the latest firmware
- Enable the Prologue as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the Prologue Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Check to see if the necessary Prologue USB driver has already been installed by opening up Omnisphere standalone (or your preferred DAW) and verify the Prologue is on your list of MIDI inputs.
If the Prologue is not listed as a MIDI input, download and install the driver that is compatible with your computer’s operating system from the Korg Support page. Restart the host again and you should see it listed.
Check the system version of your Prologue by turning on the power while holding the  button. If it’s not showing System 1.2.0 or higher, download and install the latest version from the Korg Support page.
MIDI OUTPUT SETUP
To make sure the Prologue is transmitting MIDI, press the EDIT MODE button until GLOBAL EDIT is selected on the screen.
Press the Button 5 (Global 5) button under Program Sort/Edit Page until “MIDI Route” is be displayed. Make sure to set it up to “USB+MIDI”.
Press the Button 6 (Global 6) under Program Sort/Edit Page until “MIDI Tx CC” is displayed. Make sure it is set to “On.”
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Korg Prologue” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE PROLOGUE
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the Prologue, follow these steps:
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu
- On the Prologue, select the patch you wish to use
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
The following Prologue controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Voice Modes
- Multi Engine User Waveform
- Type Switch (16-voice only)
- Panel Switch (16-voice only)
- Sub ON/PGM Fetch Switch (16-voice only)
- L.F. Comp Switch (16-voice only)
- L.F. Comp Gain (16-voice only)
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- If using the 16 voice version of the Prologue, ensure that the SUB ON/PGM FETCH button is set to OFF.
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Prologue?
As a last resort, you can reset all Global parameters to the factory defaults by doing the following (note: make sure to select GLOBAL during these steps to ensure your custom presets are not erased):
- Power down the unit
- Press and hold the WRITE and EXIT buttons while turning the unit back on
- Use the PROGRAM/VALUE knob to select GLOBAL, then press WRITE (note that selecting PRESET or ALL will erase your custom presets)
- To confirm, use the PROGRAM/VALUE knob to select Yes and press WRITE
- After doing this, please follow the setup instructions again
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time