To control Omnisphere using the Sub Phatty, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the Sub Phatty to your computer
- Enable the Sub Phatty as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the Sub Phatty Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Sub Phatty is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Moog Sub Phatty” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE SUB PHATTY
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the Sub Phatty, follow these steps:
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu
- On the Sub Phatty, select the patch you wish to use
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
The following Sub Phatty controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Fine Tune
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Is the MIDI Out path set up properly?
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Sub Phatty?’
As a last resort you can initialize global parameters by following these steps:
- Engage Shift mode by holding down the BANK 4 button and then pressing the ACTIVATE PANEL button. When you do, all the BANK and PATCH buttons will go dark and the ACTIVATE PANEL button will blink.
- Press BANK 3, BANK 4, and PATCH 2 so they are all illuminated.
- Press C# twice to reset the global parameters
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time