To control Omnisphere using the Sub Phatty, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the Sub Phatty to your computer
- Enable the Sub Phatty as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the Sub Phatty Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc.) and make sure the Sub Phatty is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Moog>Moog Sub Phatty” to activate that hardware profile.
LOADING OMNISPHERE PATCHES FROM THE SUB PHATTY
If you want the load Omnisphere Patches from the Sub Phatty, follow these steps:
- In the Omnisphere Patch Browser, right-click the name of the patch you want to load
- Select “MIDI Program Change Learn” from the menu
- On the Sub Phatty, select the patch you wish to use
- A MIDI icon will appear next to the name of the patch in the Omnisphere browser if the learning is successful
The following Sub Phatty controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Fine Tune
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Is the MIDI Out path set up properly?
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the Sub Phatty?’
As a last resort you can initialize global parameters by following these steps:
- Engage Shift mode by holding down the BANK 4 button and then pressing the ACTIVATE PANEL button. When you do, all the BANK and PATCH buttons will go dark and the ACTIVATE PANEL button will blink.
- Press BANK 3, BANK 4, and PATCH 2 so they are all illuminated.
- Press C# twice to reset the global parameters
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time