To control Omnisphere using the Roland System-1, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the System-1 to your computer
- Verify that your System-1 system firmware is up to date with v1.30 or higher
- Download and install the appropriate System-1 USB driver on your computer
- Verify that “System-1” is the selected model on the System-1 front panel.
- Enable “System-1” as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the System-1 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Check the firmware (system program version) of your System-1 by pressing down the KEY HOLD button and the MOD button while switching on the power. The SCATTER TYPE “1” and the ARPEGGIO button will flash. Press the ARPEGGIO button.
If the Memory [ 3 ] button is illuminated then your System-1 is up to date.
If your System-1 is not up to date, access the Roland website to download and install the latest system program for the instrument.
Check to see if the necessary USB driver has already been installed by opening up Omnisphere standalone (or your preferred DAW) and verify the System-1 is on your list of MIDI inputs.
If your System-1 is not on your list of MIDI inputs, access the Roland website to download and install the latest drivers for the instrument.
Make sure SYSTEM-1 is selected as the MODEL in the front panel on the System-1.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc) and make sure the System-1 is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Roland System-1” to activate that hardware profile.
The following System-1 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Tempo Knob
- Model: System 1 / Plug Out
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the System-1?
As a last resort, you can restore the Factory Settings by following the steps below. Note that this will delete all your user patches.
NOTE: this will erase your user created patches and settings!
- While holding down the MANUAL button, turn on the power. The ARPEGGIO button blinks.
- If you decide to cancel the factory reset, turn off the power.
- Press the ARPEGGIO button to execute the factory reset.
- When all buttons lit, turn the System-1’s power off, then on again.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time