To control Omnisphere using the VP-03, you’ll need to do the following:
- Using a USB cable, connect the VP-03 to your computer
- Download and install the appropriate VP-03 USB driver on your computer
- Enable “Boutique” as a MIDI input device to Omnisphere in the host software you’re using (DAW, Standalone, etc.)
- Activate the VP-03 Hardware Profile in Omnisphere 2.5 or higher
Check to see if the necessary Boutique USB driver has already been installed by opening up Omnisphere standalone (or your preferred DAW) and verify the Roland VP-03 is on your list of MIDI inputs.
If the VP-03 is not listed as a MIDI input, download and install the driver that is compatible with your computer’s operating system from the Roland Support page. Restart the host again and you should see it listed.
Open your host (DAW, Standalone, etc) and make sure the VP-03 is enabled as a MIDI input device.
|Omnisphere Standalone||Pro Tools|
Open Omnisphere and from the header select the HW menu button:
From the drop-down menu, select “Roland VP-03” to activate that hardware profile.
The following VP-03 controls have no effect on Omnisphere:
- Plug In power switch
- C1 Mode – Pitch Bend / Pitch Shift switch
Not working? Here are some things to try:
- Make sure the MIDI Channel is set to Ch.1
- Is your DAW receiving MIDI from the VP-03?
As a last resort, you can do a factory reset by following the steps below. Note that performing a factory reset will reset any user chord memory or sequences.
- Start by holding down the button  and turning on the power.
- Press the PLAY/STOP button, which will start blinking.
- When all buttons blink, turn the VP-03’s power off, then on again.
- After doing this, please follow the setup instructions again.
Still not working? More questions?
Feel free to contact us directly and we can work with you:
888-870-4223 toll free
Monday – Friday 10AM – 5PM Pacific Time