Follow this set of instructions to install Omnisphere 2 from your USB installation drive to your Windows system. You’ll need over 64GB of free space available on your hard drive in order to install the instrument.
NOTE: These screenshots are taken in Windows 10. Installation on other versions of Windows may look somewhat different.
Omnisphere 2 Installation
1. Connect the Omnisphere installation drive to a USB port. Open the drive “Spectrasonics Omnisphere” and double-click the file “Omnisphere 2 Installation.url.”
2. Log in to your Spectrasonics User Account and select the DOWNLOAD button to download the current installers to your PC.
3. From your Downloads folder, open the “Omnisphere_2_Installation” folder, then open the “Step 1 – Installer” folder.
4. Open the “Windows” folder inside of “Step 1 – Installer.” Double-click “Omnisphere 2 Installer.exe” to begin the installation of Omnisphere 2.
5. Follow the steps as you’re guided through the installation process. Make sure to review the Installation Info and Licensing FAQs and accept the license agreement.
6. At the “Select Folder For 64-bit VST Plugin” step select the VST plug-in path on your system to install Omnisphere into. By default the 64-bit plugin will be installed in C:ProgramData\Steinberg\vstplugins\ but you can choose a different path (your host must support 64-bit plug-ins.)
7. The default location of the large Omnisphere data files will be displayed next. If you wish to install the large Core Library files to a secondary drive, click the “Browse” button and choose a different location.
8. Once the installation paths have been confirmed, the installation will begin.
9. After the installation is complete, select “Finish.”
10. From your Downloads folder re-open the “Omnisphere_2_Installation” folder, then open the “Step 2 – Data Updater” folder.
11. Run the “Omnisphere 2 Data Updater.exe.”
12. Make certain that the Omnisphere 2 Data Updater selects the correct STEAM folder.
13. When the update has been installed, select “Finish.” Now it’s time to open Omnisphere 2 in your host and authorize it.
Please consult the Authorization section for assistance with authorizing Omnisphere.
Need more help with this?
Spectrasonics Customer Support