GETTING STARTED - Quickstart
This Quickstart provides an overview of the essential things you will need to know in order to get started using Omnisphere.
• Omnisphere is a software instrument plug-in, and requires host software in order to run
• Omnisphere can be a memory-intensive instrument, especially with Multis loaded. A system with plenty of RAM will greatly enhance performance. Be sure and check out the Concepts: Performance Optimization chapter.
1. Install Omnisphere
Installation time will vary, depending on the installation type (USB Drive, Download, or DVDs). Once installed, the library will take about 64 GB of free hard drive space.
2. Authorize the Plug-In
Authorization can be done immediately from any computer connected to the Internet
3. Get Everything Updated
Make sure you have the latest versions of the Software, Soundsources and Patches:
• Open Omnisphere and click on the Spectrasonics logo
• Select the button labeled "Check for Updates" to open the System Status page
• Status indicators in red mean that an update is necessary. Click the “Get Updates” button to download them.
• After installing the updates, Omnisphere is ready to go!
NOTE: Be sure to quit your host software before installing the downloaded updates.
4. Use Omnisphere Multitimbrally
Omnisphere is a multi-timbral instrument, so you can use a single instance to load and play eight different sounds on different MIDI channels
• Setup your host software for multi-timbral operation
5. Loading Sounds
There are three types of sound libraries in Omnisphere:
Patches, Multis and Soundsources
To load a Patch:
• Select a Part Number Button in the Header
• Select a Patch in the Mini-Browser displayed on the left.
To load a Multi:
• Click the Multi Name Display in the Omnisphere Header
• The Multi Browser will open, allowing you to select and load Multis
To load a raw Soundsource:
• Select “Clear Part” from the Utility Menu in the Header
• Click the Soundsource Name Display below Layer A
• The Soundsource Browser will open, allowing you to select and load Soundsources.
6. Explore and Learn
For more in-depth information, watch additional tutorials and explore this Reference Guide - which is the primary manual for Omnisphere. This guide can be viewed on any computer and can be printed and searched for easy access to find the information you need.
7. Support Resources
Online resources are available that can answer most technical questions. Please log in and visit our Knowledge Base at: http://support.spectrasonics.net
8. Have Fun!
Enjoy using Omnisphere and we hope you make some great music with it!
-The Spectrasonics Team